Death of the Party - Carolyn Hart I probably would have liked this book better if I hadn't recently read "Dead Man's Island" in the Henrie O series by the same author. They were incredibly similar in that both books have their own private island, and the owner invites a group of mostly family and employees to the island under false pretenses to see which of them is a murderer. In both books the owner turns out to be the criminal. In both books the owner invites our star sleuth(s) to the island and tells the rest of the guests a different story about why they're there. In both books everybody is marooned on the island after their only means of escape is removed and they are unable to contact the mainland, and the Coast Guard comes to save the day. I had a feeling of deja vu the whole time I was reading this book. And of course it is reminiscent of Agatha Christie's "And Then There Were None," but that's not surprising. A plus for me was that Laurel was absent from the whole story until the last chapter, therefore there were none of her usual antics and ever-changing hobbies.